You have decided to sell your home, hired an agent and are now prepping for the photo shoot. As it turns out, the photo shoot is one of the single most important marketing tools we orchestrate for our clients. Good pictures set the tone for a successful sale!!!
Remember, you only have one chance to make a first impression, so make it a good one. Buyers are online looking at virtual tours 24/7, sometimes looking ten times before deciding to see a house in person. If the photos are bland, blurry, dark and cluttered or if there are too many pictures, buyers will lose interest.
Photos should be taken by a professional photographer/company to showcase your home in the best light and angles. Our firm, Washington Fine Properties works exclusively with Homevisit to photograph our listings.
No matter how picture perfect your house might look to you, consider the following tips before the photo shoot:
Walk across the street to your neighbor’s house and take a look at your home. Do you like what you see? Be your own buyer!
- Have windows washed and remove screens.
- Mow the lawn, remove leaves, mulch and add flowers.
- Hide recycling and trash receptacles, garden tools, hoses and toys.
- Power wash walkways, patios, siding if necessary.
- Neatly arrange patio furniture, uncover barbecue and set the scene.
- If you have a pool, make sure to uncover and clean.
- Remove cars from the driveway and front of house.
Take the time and go room to room to enhance the look and feel of the interior.
- Do a deep cleaning.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs.
- Remove excess: furniture, accessories, art, photos. Less is always more!
- Open blinds and window treatments to illuminate each room.
- Clean off counters in kitchen and baths to give a “spotless” look; add fresh towels to bathrooms.
- Make sure all beds are made, clothing and personal items are put away neatly.
- Buy fresh flowers including orchids to place around the house to add that special touch.
The photos off your house will be circulating online for a long, long time so why not do everything in your power to make your house sparkle in pictures!!! Here are a few of The Schuman Team’s favorite virtual tours:
1. 9311 Rapley Preserve Drive, Avenel, Potomac, MD
2. 5054 Garfield Street, NW, Kent, Washington, DC
3. 9224 Cherbourg Drive, Lake Normandy Estates, Potomac, MD