This month we are celebrating the two (and three) wheeler. Have you ever considered that a bicycle is the perfect way to take a look at a neighborhood? Jump on your bike and ride around neighborhoods in which you are considering a new home purchase. A bike’s pace is perfect: slower than a car, faster than your feet.
While riding, determine if the neighborhood is the right one for you by asking yourself these questions:
- Are you are close enough to or TOO close to amenities?
- Is the neighborhood filled with walkers, runners, cyclists (will there be groups with whom to exercise if we move here)?
- Will I be able to cycle to work/or public transportation?
- Is this neighborhood right for my family and our specific lifestyle?
- Am I close to bike paths i.e. The Capital Crescent Trail in Bethesda MD?
If you are an active person and want to find a neighborhood with active neighbors in Washington DC or Montgomery County’s Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Rockville or Potomac, MD, riding your bicycle around a neighborhood and area is a perfect way to discover your next home!!!