A prospective buyers 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd impression of a house is online, so the photos taken of your home and the virtual tour that ensues really set the tone for your sale. The photos need to rock and should always be taken by a professional photographer to showcase your home in the best light possible. No matter how picture perfect your house might look to you, you should consider the following tips before having your home photographed:
Home Exterior – walk across the street to your neighbors house and take a look at your home. Do you like what you see?
- Remove cars from the driveway, front of house and garage.
- Hide recycling and trash receptacles, garden tools and hoses.
- Have lawn cut, mulched and add flowers if weather permits; remove dead plantings.
- Have windows washed and remove screens if possible.
- Power wash walkways, patios, siding if necessary.
- Neatly arrange patio furniture, uncover barbecue so scene is set.
Home Interior – take your time and go room to room to enhance the look and feel of each room.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs.
- Clean and neaten all closets including removal of all items from the floor.
- Set the scene in each room by arranging furniture and accessories; remove excess (you may need a stager) to make rooms look open and large. Remember less is more!!!
- Have carpets cleaned and/or stretched if needed. Replace capret on an as needed basis.
- Touch up paint if needed.
- Remove excess art and photos but not all. You are living in the house after all!
- Clean off counters in kitchen and baths; add fresh looking towels to bathrooms.
- Make sure all beds are made, clothing and personal items are put away neatly.
The photos off your house will be circulating online so why not do everything in your power to make your Potomac MD house shine! Good luck!